JOB TITLE: HEAD OF RETAIL OPERATIONS
JOB CODE: AJ15-02
LOCATION: KANO STATE
The Head of Retail Operations (HRO) contributes to the development, implementation, monitoring and review of a business strategy in order to maximize retail net profit by driving sales and controlling costs. The HRO builds motivated and high performing teams through the effective leadership and line management to retail staff. He is expected to create awareness and income for the organization.
- Works with the Managing Director and other Heads of Function to influence the creation and communication of company strategy, business priorities and targets for the retail teams;
- Ensure timely and effective communication of company strategy to all retail outlets and franchises;
- Generates ideas about future retail activities to ensure a cutting edge strategy; maintains up to date knowledge of the market place, competitors and trends;
- Develop practical and effective mechanisms from the operations team with other departments to ensure the integration of the retail strategy;
- Influences and supports the retail element of the annual budget process ensuring understanding and buy in from the operations team. Constantly reviews financial data and supports the Regional Managers in providing realistic input into the sales budgets.
- Takes decisions on matters relating to the day to day retail operation within their defined work area including the strategic planning of resources.
- Translates the strategic goals into retail operational plans to achieve the required targeted growth in sales and profit; identifies and optimises promotional opportunities ensuring these are co –ordinated with wider Mind
promotions and campaigns.
- Ensures that the retail operation complies to all policies and procedures relating to Security, Health and Safety; influences any changes necessary to meet statutory requirements, ensuring minimum risk to staff members and the business.
- Ensures all new shop proposals meet the required return on sales prior to submitting any recommendations to the Managing Director; all new shop locations must be visited to ensure they will trade effectively and meet the
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written to include report writing and group presentations.
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Commercially sound with a good understanding of profit and loss accounting and the influence of operating factors e.g. volume v price.
- Excellent organisation skills, able to prioritise.
- A collaborative team player – concerned with the team success as well as individual performance.
- Visible Leadership skills – can motivate others to achieve Solution orientated, decisive by nature.
REQUIREMENT & EXPERIENCE
- First degree in any relevant field in Business.
- A master’s or professional qualification is an added advantage.
- Extensive business experience in retail/food industry.
- Experienced in managing relationships at a senior level and managing a diverse (in terms of skill base and experience) team of people.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com. Ensure that the subject of your email is the Job Code and Job Title.