JOB TITLE: ACCOUNTANT
JOB CODE: AJ15-03
LOCATION: KANO STATE
Provides financial information to management by researching and analysing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies a procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirement and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
REQUIREMENT & EXPERIENCE:
- B.sc in Accounting, Finance
- MBA in Finance or relevant graduate degree in any relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Professional qualification i. e chartered accountant or any relevant professional qualifications is an asset Minimum of 4 years relevant work experience in relevant field.
- Experienced in the use of different Accounting softwares (Tally preferably)
- Establishment and enforcement of sound internal controls
- Excellent written and oral skills in English.
- Strong operational management ability;
- A clear focus on results – sets goals, plans, and prioritizes effectively, monitors quality and progress of work against plans.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com. Ensure that the subject of your email is the Job Code and Job Title.