JOB TITLE: AREA SALES MANAGER
JOB CODE: AJ16-01
LOCATION: VARIOUS (MUST BE BASED IN ABUJA)
The Area Sales Manager manages a regional Field Sales operation in order to achieve annual sales volume and distribution objectives within agreed selling cost budgets.
- Ensure effective combination of area operations to achieve Area Sales plans.
- Ensure efficiency in area cost management and operations in order to achieve agreed fiscal target for the area.
- Ensure strict adherence to company’s sales operation policy to minimize company financial exposure.
- Ensure effective implementation of the company’s promotional/area specific program to achieve the agreed market volume for brands.
- The jobholder must have a good selling ability, motivational and territorial management skills.
- Alert Regional Sales Manager within the jurisdiction issues impacting on the company’s corporate goals and objectives.
- Implement Company’s promotional/area specific program to achieve the agreed market volume for the brand.
- Service current accounts, explore new potentials and drive debt management strategies.
- Monitor the depot cash sales performance in terms of cost, sales and share toward achievement of plan and efficiency of resource utilization- product supplies and optimum deployment of distribution fleet.
- Manage receipts revenue from customers, ensuring daily cash lodgment at the local bank and efficient control over cash and stock at depot/area.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Good selling ability, motivational and territorial management skills.
- Dynamic, with flair for team building and good organizational abilities.
- Must possess strong analytical and excellent communication skills and good interpersonal relationships.
- Must be able to provide periodic feedback to the Regional Manager on initiative and brand key performance issues.
- Ability to generate monthly sales performance report, annual sales report and situational sales function report.
REQUIREMENT & EXPERIENCE
- A graduate or equivalent with excellent business common sense and at least 5 years post graduate experience of which at least 2 in Fast Moving Commodity Goods (FMCG).
- 3-5 years experience in a senior capacity. Reports to a Regional Sales Manager and is responsible for an Area team of representatives.
To apply, send CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as subject of the email