JOB TITTLE: SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR
JOB CODE: AJ05-10
The Senior Quantity Surveyor is responsible for the coordination of all quantity surveying duties such as contract documentation, preparation of bill of quantities, cost estimates, evaluation of tenders, tender analysis and reports, and preparation of contract agreement. The jobholder will monitor contractors to ensure performance in line with agreement and specification, ensure timely payment of contractors, verify claims and evaluate project work done.
• Oversee the preparation of accurate cost estimates for projects
• Oversee and carry out market survey for prices of materials, labour and plants to support sourcing and costing
• Monitor and control project cost to ensure that projects are completed withinbudget
• Advice on cost related issues
• Prepare final account for completed projects
• Provide quantity surveying advice and guidance on building cost and procurement
• Carry out other related duties as assigned
• Facilitate the preparation of contractors payment and ensure their timely payment
• Handle all contract correspondences
• Coordinate the preparation bill of quantities
• Evaluate tenders, prepare tender analysis and tender report
• Prepare contract agreement and letter of contract award with the support of the legal department
• Participate in contract negotiation and provide professional advice and support on the procurement of work consultants or the choice of contractors
• Evaluate work done and contractors claims
• Lead the conduct of valuations; analyse valuations presented by quantity surveyors
• Ensure timely completion of valuation and monitor progress through valuation period
• Prepare periodic valuation summary and updates for management review
• Produce valuation breakdown reconciliation
• Carry out cost and value reconciliation
• Undertake, co-ordinate and manage quality assurance of contractual and procurement process of works and maintenance projects
• Ensure project meets all quality assurance requirements
• Ensure adherence to HSE standards and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Sound knowledge of construction methods and material, building regulations and applicable laws and standards
• Negotiation skills
• Budget Management
• Communication and interpersonal skills
• Team work and Collaboration
• Analytical, critical thinking and problems solving skills
• Project Management
• Contract Management
• Computer literate- able to use Microsoft Excel, word, Auto Cad and Microsoftproject.
REQUIREMENT AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying
• Membership of the Nigerian institute of Quantity Surveyors (NIQS)
• Fully Registered Quantity Surveyor (RQS)
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience including RFP tender or bidding document, quantity survey with experience in construction project, construction procurement and technical evaluation.
To apply, send CV and Cover Letter to: Quantitysurveyor@aquarianconsult.com using the job title as subject of the email.
Application closes: 31st August, 2017.