JOB TITTLE: CIVIL ENGINEER TRAINEE
JOB CODE: AJ05-13
The Trainee will provide assistance where required to the Civil Engineer. The trainee should be ready to learn various aspects of the job and should be able to multitask when needed.
- Assist in designing construction projects by studying project concept
- Assist in determining project costs by calculating labor, material, and related costs
- Assist in preparing feasibility study by analyzing engineering design; conducting environmental impact studies
- Assist in preparing engineering documents by developing construction specifications, plans, and schedules.
- Confirms adherence to construction specifications and safety standards
- Assist in maintaining operations by enforcing project and operational policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation
- Maintains project data base by writing computer programs; entering data; completing backups.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Competent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Internet skills involving e-mails and data collection
- Simple numeracy and literacy skills
- Analytical skills
- Reliable and flexible
- Basic record keeping and filing skills
REQUIREMENT AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- 0-2 years’ work experience.
To apply, send CV and Cover Letter to Civilengineer@aquarianconsult.com using the job title as subject of the email.
Application closes: 28th August, 2017.